Georgia is absolutely in heaven! Her two most favorite things in the world all in one week! wine and golf, golf and more golf!
Georgia is absolutely in heaven! Her two most favorite things in the world all in one week! wine and golf, golf and more golf! The RBC Canadian Open, now in its 100th year running kicks off this week, July 20th-26th, 2009 at Glen Abbey in the beautiful town of Oakville, Ontario the place we call home.
Last Monday, The Wine Ladies along with other media personalities participated in the RBC Avion Media putting challenge in an attempt to qualify to win a $200.000 prize package! $100.000 to be shared between the two sponsored charities; the Mike Weir Foundation and on a local level the charity Reach Out Centre for Kids Our dreams to win an additional $100,000 for The Wine Ladies personally were dashed when Susanne’s game peaked in the practice round and Georgia’s hole in ones weren’t enough to take us to the next round. It’s too late for us but not for you!
Take your shot at $100,000 at the Royal Bank Plaza https://www.rbcaviongolfchallenge.com/default.aspx
Visit the RBC Avion Golf Challenge six-hole putting green in the heart of downtown Toronto and you could qualify to take a putt for $100,000 at the RBC Canadian Open! Each week day from July 13 – July 24, the two competitors with the lowest scores will advance to the semi-finals. The semi-final match will take place on July 24 and will determine the five finalists.
On Sunday July 26, following the completion of the RBC Canadian Open, each of the five finalists will have the chance to make a single putt on the 18th green at Glen Abbey for a chance to win $100,000. Plus, for each winning putt, an additional $100,000 will be shared between two charities – the Mike Weir Foundation and the Reach Out Centre for Kids. A potential $1,000,000 to be won in all! To register: https://www.rbcaviongolfchallenge.com/default.aspx
Caption: The Wine Ladies dreams dashed to move on to the next round at RBC Avion Golf Challenge
This is the 2nd year that RBC is the official title sponsor of the Canadian Open and is dedicated to the preservation of this historic national treasure of the Canadian sports scene. A new event kicks off the festivities this year, the Mike Weir Charity Classic takes place on Monday July 20th, 2009. All in support of the Mike Weir Foundation, founded in 2004 and dedicated to helping children’s physical, emotional, educational and financial needs. Since its inception the foundation has raised over $5 million. The Mark Weir Foundation is the official charity of the RCGA for the next 5 years and the goal is to help raise a minimum of $1,000,000 a year for the next 5 years.
With the 100th playing of the RBC Canadian Open, we thought we’d get into the swing of things, so we were joined live in studio with President Barry Katzman of Mike Weir Estate Winery to learn about Mike Weir’s wines, his foundation, the classic and to get a few tips on our game, Sean Casey, Head Teaching Professional at Glen Abbey. To listen to the show: https://thewineladies.com/wine_dine/radio_show
Caption: Sean Casey and Barry Katzman @ CP24 Radio 1050 July 18th,2009
The Mike Weir Charity Classic pro-am will feature marquee celebrities from the music, sports and entertainment industries, as well at top stars on the PGA TOUR. Mike Weir has reached out to some very notable personalities and many individuals have committed their time including Michael Jordan, Kevin Costner, Fred Couples, Martin Brodeur and more. In all 20 celebrities will be matched up with corporation foursomes. To get your tickets to attend: http://www.thecanadianopen.ca/innerpage.aspx?x=oSHpOf7OmN1dgGlj1f2w3HeeHZdTNI9B4l%2BczNO8sn4nItBlFluYsC6Ui4t%2BZk%2B4
Mike Weir Estate Wines have experienced critical acclaim and wonderful success being sold right across Canada. All proceeds from the sales of the Mike Weir Estate Wines are dedicated to this foundation. Enjoy!
Mike Weir Chardonnay 2007
* Gold Medal award at the Ontario Wine Awards for Best Chardonnay Under $20.
* flavourful, well crafted Chardonnay. an exquisite expression of Ontario’s spectacular 2007 vintage
* creamy textures, refined and elegant
* exudes layers of pear, lemon and vanilla along with the subtle nuances of French oak with vibrant acidity
* a savoury mix of freshness and crispness exceptional for food matching.
* Pairs well with roast poultry, pork or cream based pastas.
Mike Weir Sauvignon Blanc 2008
* crisp, fresh and lively Sauvignon Blanc
* Wonderfully fragrant, this wine is well balanced with juicy aromas of grapefruit, melon and lime zest flavours. On the palate, this medium bodied white embodies a creamy, oily texture with racy acidity and a bright mineral finish
Mike Weir Pinot Noir 2007
* Traditional Burgundian style Pinot Noir
* Classic strawberry and blueberry nuances that balance beautifully with an earthy oak spice.
* Bright acidity and fine tannins are exceptionally balanced and will enhance a broad range of food.
* Pairs well with grilled salmon, lamb and pork and medium aged cheeses.
Mike Weir Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot 2007